- Corona is starting to scare in the country
- Active patients crossed 3 lakh
The number of active corona cases in India has increased to 3,64,848. Three states – Maharashtra, Delhi and West Bengal – account for 61.33 percent of the 1,16,390 new cases of infection that were reported on Thursday evening. Maharashtra has the highest number of cases in India at 36,265. 15,421 cases have been registered in West Bengal, 15,097 in New Delhi, 6,983 in Tamil Nadu, 4,649 in Kerala. So far 3,52,25,693 cases of corona have been reported in the country.
In view of the increasing cases of the new variant Omicron of Kovid-19 across the country, the Central Government has asked 9 states and union territories of Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir and Bihar to increase the corona test. Is. In a letter to the states, Aarti Ahuja, Additional Secretary, Union Health Ministry, directed them to set up Kovid-19 control rooms at the district and sub-district level. These control rooms have been asked to tally the daily reports of all patients under home isolation in their respective jurisdictions.
At the same time, the second death related to Omicron in the country was confirmed on Thursday. Officials in Odisha’s Balangir said that a 55-year-old woman who died at a hospital in Sambalpur on December 27, 2021, was found infected with the ‘highly transmissible’ variant.
COVID-19: Top 10 updates from across the country
1. Due to the continuous and wildly increasing infection of the third wave of Kovid i.e. Omicron, now only virtual hearing will be held in the Supreme Court. Justices will attend the hearing through video conference from their residence instead of the courtroom. Only urgent matters, fresh cases, bail matters, cases related to stay, cases of detention or habeas corpus and cases already fixed for hearing will be heard from January 10. The Supreme Court has issued a circular in this regard.
2. The Election Commission of India (ECI) is contemplating to rein in large gatherings ahead of the assembly elections in five states. Along with this, measures like increasing the number of polling stations in each constituency are also being considered. According to Election Commission sources, this time the electoral process will be completed in less time than the assembly elections of Bihar held in 2020 and Bengal in 2021 and political parties may also get less time for campaigning than before.
3. On Thursday, 125 people were found infected in a flight from Italy at Amritsar International Airport in Punjab. It is being told that 170 people were aboard in it. All the people have been quarantined in Amritsar.
4. Out of 36,265 new confirmed cases of infection in Maharashtra, 20,181 cases were registered in Mumbai on Thursday. There are now 1,14,847 active cases in the state. However, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said on Thursday, the closure of local trains has not been considered yet. No decision was taken on checking or sealing the boundaries of the districts.
5. The number of active Kovid-19 cases in Delhi increased to 1,498 with 15,097 new cases. Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain said that the situation does not necessitate a lockdown as of now, but the Delhi government has decided to extend the deadline for submission of applications for nursery admissions in private schools by two weeks.
6. On Thursday, 50 new cases of Omicron were registered in Kerala, taking the number of people affected by the new variant in the state to 284. Of the new cases, 30 have been identified as contacts of infected persons, of those found to be infected with Omicron, 32 were returnees from the UAE, while several others were from Qatar, the US, the UK, Italy, Ukraine, Sweden, Singapore and Maldives have travel history.
7. Tamil Nadu Minister Subramaniam said on Thursday that Delta and Omicron variants of the corona virus are spreading like a tsunami wave in Tamil Nadu. In the last 24 hours, 6983 new cases of Kovid-19 were registered in the state.
8. Section 144 has been imposed in Lucknow. According to the guideline, night curfew is included in the city from 10 pm to 6 am. On Thursday, 3,121 new cases of Kovid-19 were registered in Uttar Pradesh. There are now 8,224 active cases of infection in the state.
9. All the educational institutions of Bihar have been completely closed with immediate effect. In the 4th meeting, there was an instruction to open classes from 9th to 12th with 50% attendance. But due to the increase in the cases of corona virus, today all educational institutions, schools, colleges, coaching institutes etc. have been closed in Bihar with immediate effect.
10. Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has also become corona infected. Apart from this, Union Minister of State for Health Bharti Pawar and Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai have come under the grip of Kovid.