- apply for voter id card sitting at home
- no need to go to office
- This method is best used in Corona period
New Delhi. Voter ID card is required for all Indian citizens to vote. Everyone has the right to vote and according to the Indian Constitution all citizens must be above 18 years of age to do so. If you have completed 18 years of age then you can apply for Voter ID card. Apart from voting, Voter ID card is used as an identity card, for buying property and for taking loans. Apart from this, Voter ID card is also used in many government and private schemes.
The first application for a voter ID card can be made before local or national elections. But now the Election Commission of India (ECI) has made it easy to apply for Voter ID card through online application process.
How to Apply Online for Voter ID:
The online registration process for a new voter ID card is quite simple. All you have to do is to visit the official website of the Election Commission of India to register.
This website has complete information about the election process in India from the electoral rolls to the election schedules for the elections held across the country. It also includes guidelines for voters and a list of applications required to register. The process of changing the name involves the names of voters residing in India as well as abroad and members of the armed forces in government service.
You have to select Form 6 to apply for a new voter ID card. To find the form, you need to select the National Voters’ Service Portal on the homepage of the ECI website. Click on ‘Apply Online for New Voter ID Card’ under ‘National Service’ section. After that it will take you to an online application.
To apply for Voter ID online, follow these steps:
The online application process for Voter ID is as follows.
- Visit the official website of Election Commission of India.
- Click on National Voters Service Portal.
- Click on ‘Apply Online for New Voter Registration’.
- Enter the information and upload the required documents.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- After submission, you will receive an email on the email ID provided by you. This email will contain a link to the individual Voter ID page. You can also track your Voter ID application from this page. You will get your Voter ID card within a month of applying.
Documents required to apply for Voter ID Card:
You will need these documents to apply for voter ID card online.
- Passport size photo
- Proof of identity may require a birth certificate, passport, driving license, PAN card or high school mark sheet.
- You can use ration card, passport, driving license or utility bill phone or electricity as proof of address.
Eligibility for Voter ID Card
- This is how the eligibility for voter ID card can be measured.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant must have proof of permanent residence.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.