Do you use Google Meet for work? Here’s how to blur your background to avoid distractions
Last update: July 28, 2022, 4:50 PM IST
Google Meet is the most widely used video conferencing software for work from home and hybrid work style in the world today. Google Meet also offers a number of features that make it a convenient option for those who want to make quick calls to discuss important topics. It also offers many of the same features as competitors such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams, one of the most common being the ability to blur your background.
Background blur is a widely used feature on Google Mate and gives users the option to blur their background if they don’t want to show what their location looks like. The blurred background also ensures that people don’t see what’s in your background and keep the focus on you. In this article, we are going to show you how to blur your background on Google Mate. Here’s how:
- Open Google Mate.
- Enter the meeting code or link. If you’re hosting a meeting, start and enter the meeting.
- Once in the personal image preview, click on the Apple Visual Effects button. It’s the button with the three little stars in the lower right corner of the window.
- Here you will see categories like “Blur”, “Background” as well as various effects which will lead you to these effects.
- There are two blur options – one is denser, while the other is a lighter blur effect.
- Once done, close the window and your background will be blurred for you and other meeting members.
You can also change the background. Here you can either choose one of Google Meet’s predefined offerings or upload an image from your device that you want to use as your background. The process is similar for Windows, Android, and iPhone users. To change the background of your Google Meet on Mac, select the three-dot menu in the meeting controls, choose Change Background, then change the blurred background to suit your needs.
read all recent news And recent news here